Friday, Sept. 27
- Police warn of increase in vehicle theft reports at Union Landing. Union City police said there has been an increase in the number of reported stolen vehicles and car burglaries at Union Landing. A majority of the reported incidents have occurred in or around the area of Walmart. Police remind residents to remove any valuables from your vehicles whenever you leave it unattended.
Thursday, Sept. 26
- Police release sketch of suspected kidnapper. A man who kidnapped and robbed a woman at gunpoint is at large. Story here.
- Drugs and guns. A man called 911 to report his business was being burglarized in two adjacent suites on Enterprise Street in Fremont. The caller was inside one of his suites and said he could hear voices of a male and female inside his adjacent suite. As units responded, the caller told dispatch the suspects were now trying to force open the door that connects the two suites and that he had armed himself with a handgun and was waiting for police. Several patrols units responded and established a perimeter. The caller was instructed to put away his firearm and evacuate. Instead, the caller came out with his handgun in his right pocket and his cocaine in his left pocket. A surround and callout / search of the business was negative for any other suspects. There were several firearms lying around in plain sight. The 30-year-old Fremont resident was suspected of being under the influence of a controlled substance and arrested. Seized from the business were four weapons.
- Coroner identifies Newark man killed in Vallejo. Story here.
- Burglar evades apprehension from Newark and Fremont officers. A burglary was reported via an alarm alert at an Osgood Road landscape business after a male cut a lock from the security gate. The alarm company monitored with live video surveillance the suspect as he stacked his loot. Arriving Fremont officers heard the suspect inside the fenced area.Newark Police Department assisted, sending two K9 units. A perimeter was set, and K9 officers indicated the suspect fled north to Tri City Rock. The suspect apparently caught on to the police response and fled. His vehicle was at the landscape business and towed as evidence.