From the League of Volunteers:
Sponsored by the Bay Area Newspaper Group, this annual contest is always a challenge for The Newark Arts Council who had a difficult time selecting the winners.
The following winners will receive trophies and an all-day pass for carnival rides. First place winners will be riding on the Perry Farms float in the Saturday Parade, September 22.
Awards to be presented by the Argus/Daily Review on the “Country Critters Jamboree” stage on the lawn in area No. 4 following the parade at 12:30 p.m.
- 1st Place: Miles Brand, Newark
- 2nd Place: Saniba, Fremont
- 3rd Place: Casey Marshall, Fremont
- 1st Place: Japneet Kaur, Fremont
- 2nd Place: Antonio Valdez, Fremont
- 3rd Place: Maryssa Williams, Newark
- 1st Place: Crystal Hood, Hayward
- 2nd Place: Joann Sathianathen, Fremont
- 3rd Place: Damien I. Nanez, Berkeley
- 1st Place: Angelina Williams, Newark
- 2nd Place: Rosalyn Brand, Newark
- 3rd Place: Alfred Lopez, Union City