It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit this weekend.
- : The community will gather in Newark this week to celebrate the four-day 90th annual Holy Ghost Festa. Hosted by the Portuguese Fraternal Society of America No. 16, the festivities will begin Thursday at 6 p.m. with a blessing and offering and celebrations will continue on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. .
- : See a bunch of pups strut their stuff at the 2012 Niles Dog Show on Saturday starting at 9 a.m. Fun competition, doggie water parks, information booths and food vendors will all be available at the annual event. See which dogs get be honored with various awards, including Best Costume, Best Performer and Most Unusual Mix. Event is free but dog registration is $15 online and $20 at the door.
- : Everything will be purple on Saturday for the Union City Relay for Life's second annual . From 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., "Purple People Greeters" will be on the corner of Alvarado-Niles Road and Central Avenue to encourage community members to dine at Mexico Lindo, where 25 percent of the bill will be donated for Union City's Relay for Life, which will be held next month.
- : Newark’s newest martial arts school will be celebrating its opening on Saturday with a children’s class, black belt testing and ceremony, martial arts demonstrations and refreshments from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The studio is located at 39650 Cedar Blvd.
- : Community members are invited to participate in free yoga classes on Saturday and Sunday in celebration of . Drop by from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on either day and take as many free classes as you'd like. Visitors can try a variety of yoga styles and sign up for discounted introductory offers. The grand opening celebration will also include healthy snacks and live music.