Police Offer Information On How To Curb Domestic Violence

Newark police ask victims of domestic violence to take action in a safe manner.

From the Newark Police Department

Make the Call.

Though domestic violence is said to increase over the holidays, many do not report it. Just like any other time of the year, you deserve to be safe from violence. If you are in immediate danger, the Newark Police Department is prepared to take the necessary action if an abusive partner loses control or becomes violent. Believe that you do not deserve to be abused, and that you are not alone.

Call 911 if in urgent need of help!

Otherwise (AND ONLY IF SAFE), contact the following organizations. They can help you create a personal safety plan for you and your children. Please visit http://www.acfjc.org/files/04192011DVGuide.pdf for a Domestic Violence Resources Guide for Alameda County, or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline:

• 1-800-799-SAFE (7233),
• or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
• or (206) 787-3224 (Video Phone Only for Deaf Callers).

WARNING: Abusers can track your computer activity. Consider using a safer computer such as one from the library or a friend's house.

James December 22, 2011 at 11:47 PM
End Domestic Violence? Give the Aggressor an Ass Whooping they soon won't forget, problem solved! Even better, 9 times out of 10 they won't even call the Cops on you because they know deep down their a POS. True Justice.
OmegaMan December 23, 2011 at 01:04 AM
Right on, James! Right the Wrongs! Run in fear, you cowards!!
Mona Taplin December 23, 2011 at 02:47 AM
I see very little about verbal abuse which can sometimess be every bit as harmful as physical abuse. It's just another form of bullying, and no one should put up with it.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something