Saturday, Aug. 17
- Fight was mutual. A disturbance call at 5:38 p.m. from apartments along 36000 Cherry Street involved three males in a fight. The fight was ultimately determined to be mutual combat, and no one wanted to press charges. A Newark man, 49, was arrested, however, for suspected public intoxication.
- Motorcycle stolen, recovered. A motorcycle was reported stolen at 8:40 p.m. from NewPark Mall. The motorcycle was equipped with LoJack, an electronic
tracking device, however, and the Union City Police Department recovered it a short time later from the side
yard of a Union City residence. No arrests were made and the investigation is ongoing.
- Police searching for suspects in Fremont armed robbery. Story here.
- Stolen vehicle found; driver arrested. NewPark Mall security called police at 1:51 p.m. regarding a suspicious vehicle driving around the mall. The car's license plate showed it was listed as stolen out of San Francisco. Officers located the vehicle, initiated a high-risk traffic stop, and arrested a Hayward individual, 32, for possession of stolen property.
- Police in Fremont still seeking suspect in last week's hit-and-run.More here.
- Warrant arrest. A male, 43, was arrested for two outstanding warrants related to domestic violence, a restraining order, and driving under the influence.
- Vehicular burglary. A car break-in was reported at 7:40 p.m. at the Residence Inn on the 35000 block of Dumbarton Court with the vehicle’s rear window smashed and a laptop stolen. A witness described the suspect as a black adult male wearing a red and blue jacket and blue jeans. The getaway vehicle, an older, dark color Audi, was driven by a Hispanic man.
- DUI driver tries to hide. Reports of a possibly impaired motorist came in around 5:46 p.m., but when an officer tried pulling over the suspect, the erratic driver fled into an apartment on the 36800 block of Cherry Street. He eventually exited the residence and was arrested for resisting arrest and DUI.
- Drunk sets off fire alarm. At 12:23 a.m. a reportedy intoxicated Colorado man, 37, threatened security workers and pulled the fire alarm at Homewood Suites on Cedar Boulevard. He was arrested and booked on suspicion of being drunk in public, threatening public official and pulling fire alarm.
- Two armed robberies reported of Fremont gas stations 80 minutes apart. A suspect with a handgun entered the Shell at Stevenson Boulevard at Farwell Drive, and demanded money. The second station robbed was the 76 Station at Ardenwood Boulevard and I-84. No suspect vehicles were seen.
- Man buys Craigslist shoes with fake cash. A man selling $300 shoes on Craigslist agreed to meet a buyer at NewPark Mall. Once the transaction took place, the seller realized the cash was counterfeit and most of the bills had the same serial number. The suspect was described as a black male, 20s, with light brown-colored, shoulder-length dreadlocks.
- Diner receives wrong credit card after meal, goes on birthday shopping spree. Story here.