Thursday, Oct. 24
- Sports good swiped. Theft of $2,000 of sports-related merchandise was reported at 1:30 p.m. at the Fanzz store inside NewPark Mall.
- Fraudster caught in act. An Oakland woman, 20, was arrested for check fraud at 2:58 p.m. after officials at Wells Fargo Bank called police reporting a forgery in-progress.
- Road rage leads to shooting on I-680. A man was shot in the upper torso but is expected to survive. Story here.
- Riding shotgun with pot and meth. A Newark woman, 25, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine and marijuana after the vehicle in which she was a passenger was stopped at 9:15 p.m. Location was not released.
- Fremont police searching for Walmart flasher. The man photographed is accused of exposing himself to a woman Tuesday at the Walmart store on Albrae Street. Details.
- Assault reported, but victim at-large. An assault with a baseball bat on an unknown victim was reported at 6:13 p.m. on Smith Avenue near Bunker Elementary School. The actual weapon was later determined to be a piece of PVC fencing, however the victim could not be found. Witnesses supplied the possible identities of those involved. About an hour later at 7:30 p.m., an officer stopped a Newark man, 26, on a bicycle and arrested him for public intoxication. The bicyclist was previously mentioned as the possible assault victim and he had injuries and marks consistent with the beating, however, he denied any involvement.
Monday, Oct. 21
- Meth dealer nabbed at traffic stop/parole search. A traffic stop on Cedar Boulevard and Smith Avenue at 1:27 p.m. led to a parole search that yielded 24 grams of methamphetamine, a scale and Baggies. A Fremont man, 36, was arrested for meth possession/sales and the parole violation.
- "Electric worker" steals laptop. Police were called at 3:56 p.m. to a home on the 37000 block of Magnolia Street where the resident reported a theft of her laptop. She said a man wearing an "electronic- company" shirt had come to her door and requested to see her electric bill. After she let him in and left the room to get the bill, she returned and found him gone along with her computer.
- Domestic assault arrest. An officer made a security check at 10:12 a.m. at an Olive Street house as a resident at the home was at City Hall the previous day prior and reported being a victim of domestic violence. The suspect from the felony assault was arrested and his vehicle towed for violations.
- Two BART employees struck and killed by train near Walnut Creek station. Story here.
- Big 'oops' for drunk driver. A motorist, a Newark man, 24, was arrested for suspected driving under the influence at 4 a.m. after he lost control of his car on Spruce Street and drove across a home's front lawn and hit a vehicle parked in the driveway.
Friday, Oct. 18
- Speeding motorcyclist arrested, was carrying loaded gun. A speeding motorcyclist who narrowly missed hitting pedestrians and refused to stop for police at 1:54 p.m. near the intersection of Mayhews Landing and Spruce Street, was later arrested at his home on Pebble Beach. After telling numerous lies, the man admitted to fleeing on the motorcycle. During a search of his residence, officers located the motorcycle jacket and messenger bag he was wearing when he fled, and in the bag was an empty conceal carry belt holster and a loaded Kimber 1911 .45 caliber handgun.