You have half a turkey left – more or less. What can you make?
Turkey sandwiches? Turkey tacos? The options are endless. And here’s another one for you.
Since I was a kid, we’ve always transformed our leftovers into warm rice porridge (known as lugaw or arroz caldo in the Philippines).
And if you still have the turkey meat on the bone, it’ll be even better.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Leftover turkey. (If it’s on the bone, just cut the meat off, but try using the bones from the leg. It will do the trick to make a tasty broth.)
- 6 cups of water
- Ginger (About the size of a thumb and slice it into thin strips.)
- 1 medium-sized onion (Dice it.)
- 1 cup of rice.
- Black Pepper
Here’s what to do:
- Put 6 cups of water into a pot and place the turkey and bones inside.
- Bring it to a boil and add the onions and ginger.
- Let it simmer for one hour.
- Add a cup of rice and let it cook for another 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Then eat it up.