Five Things appears every Monday on Newark Patch. Leave tips in the comments section below.
Here are five things you need to know in and around Newark through April 22.
- Spring Break is over and that means schools are back in session. The end of the week-long vacation also marks the start of Newark Unified School District’s on school campuses.
- Don’t want to cook today? If you choose to ditch the kitchen and head out to eat, the organizers of Newark Relay for Life’s Kruzin for a Cure team is asking you to eat out at BJ’s Restaurant and Brewery. If you eat at the restaurant between 11 a.m. and 12 a.m. and you’ll help donate to their team.
- The cub scouts are meeting this week and any boys between the ages of 7 and 10 who are interested in learning more about what being a cub scout is all about are invited to attend. The meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday at . for more information.
- Want to know how the past year has been and where local officials envision where the city is heading? Consider attending the 2012 State of City Address on Thursday as presented by Mayor Al Nagy. The event begins at 11 a.m. and reservations are required. for more information.
- Whether you’re looking for a job or not, your presence online might help you make your next career move. That’s why Ohlone Community College will be holding a three-hour class on how to use social networking sites, particularly LinkedIn, when job seeking. Read more by .