Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- This week may be the last week for students who attend schools with Newark Unified School District, but for students of Challenger School and St. Edward’s Catholic School, this week marks the first week of the 2012-13 school year. Challenger School begins today and St. Edward begins on Wednesday. For more information about the 2012-13 school year, . Any parents who’d like to share their children’s first day of school pictures with Patch, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You only have 11 days left to see the artwork of students with the group. The photographers’ work is behing showcased at the NewPark Mall Cultural Corner. The exhibit is open 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday to Friday and 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. for more information.
- The will meet for a regular meeting on Tuesday. Among the items on the board’s agenda is a presentation about the KNN Final Bond Sale update and a vote regarding the pending approval of a contract for an interim director of special education. The board is scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. at the district office, 5715 Musick Ave.
- Know any teens who love (and are good) at blackjack and poker? Have them test out their skills at this week’s free Friday Festivities for Teens. The event will be a that will begin at 5 p.m. Participants must check in and register at 4:45 p.m. in the teen area. Activities are free with paid admission to the teen area. More information can be found .
- Sing along on Friday when Ohlone Community College comes alive with music. The Sound of Music movie musical sing-along will begin at 8:30 p.m. at the Fremont campus and general admission is $5. Parking fee is $2. For more information,