Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Seniors who would like to get their blood pressure checked are invited to the Newark Senior Center. Nursing students from Ohlone Community College will be conducting blood pressure checks starting at 10 a.m. The center is located at 7401 Enterprise Dr.
- Community members who want to watch and discuss the second presidential debate are invited to the Presidential Debate Watch Party hosted by the Newark Library this Tuesday. The watch party will be held from 5:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the library, 6300 Civic Terrace Ave.
- The Newark Unified School Board of Education meets for its regular meeting on Tuesday. At the meeding, staff members will give presentations about standardized test results that were released by the state Department of Education recently and on Adult Education. Click here to download the full agenda.
- Job seekers are invited to attend the 12th annual Fall Career Fair on Friday. Hosted by the Ohlone Community College and the Tri-Cities One-Stop Career Center, the fair will bring dozens of businesses who are looking to recruit new employees to Ohlone College’s Newark campus. The event will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more details, click here.
- Cancer-surviving toddler Scarlett Wecks is turning 2, and you’re invited to her birthday bash! To celebrate Scarlett’s life, her family is hosting Scarlett’s 2nd Birthday Blood Drive. Scarlett was diagnosed with a brain tumor at the age of 2 months and has since undergone several surgeries and rounds of chemotherapy. The blood drive will be held 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday at the First Presbyterian Church of Newark. Click here for more information.