Five Things appears every Monday on Newark Patch. Leave tips in the comments section below.
Here are five things you need to know in and around Newark through July 1.
- Want to eat a 2-foot-long corndog, ride the Zipper and win a giant stuffed animal? Well, this week is your last chance to do so at the Alameda County Fair! The fair is closed Monday but will be open Tuesday through Sunday. Check back on Patch each day to find out the events going on at the fair.
- Come down to the Newark Library this Tuesday for a chance to watch “The Adventures of Tin Tin” for this week’s . The movie will show between noon and 2 p.m. The showing is free and the Newark Library League will provide refreshments.
- A Fremont man charged with the killing of Newark Memorial High School student Osana Futi is scheduled to appear in court Thursday for a preliminary examination, in which evidence in the case could be introduced. The court hearing will begin 2 p.m. at the Fremont Hall of Justice.
- Show off your vocal talents again this week as hosts its weekly on Thursday starting at 6:30 p.m. and everyone is welcome.
- Get your paddles and boats ready – but make sure they’re only made of cardboard. The annual Cardboard Boat Race returns to the Silliman Activity and Family Aquatic Center this Friday starting at noon. to learn more about how to register for the race.