Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Work off your weekend feasts by heading to Zumba classes! Zumba with Juany at the newly opened Underground Fitness II happens every Monday at 9:15 a.m. and your first class would only cost you $1. Click here for more information.
- Moms of young babies who are looking to get some exercise can join Stroller Strides Fremont-Milpitas, a fitness program held at NewPark Mall. And the first class is FREE. The next class will be held 9 a.m. Wednesday, but if you can’t make that one, classes are held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Click here for more information about the one-hour class.
- Does your teen have a passion for poetry? Head out to the library Tuesday evening for Open Mic at the Newark Library. Hosted by the Newark Teen Advisory Group, the Open Mic Poetry Reading event will be held 7 p.m. to 8 :30 p.m. For more information, email email@example.com or call 510-795-2627, extension 18. The library is located at 6300 Civic Terrace.
- Work on your interviewing techniques by taking part in Newark Library’s Successful Interviews workshop. Register by either visiting the library’s Information Desk, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 510-795-2627, extension 20. The event begins at 1:30 p.m.
- Girls interested in playing softball are invited to register for the Newark Girls Softball League this week. Early registration cost $100 for 15-18 games and the league is open for girls from 5- to 15-year-old. Register at Snow Elementary School from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday and from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday. Those who would like to register should bring a copy of their birth certificate. For more information, click here.