Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Know of someone who is a victim of domestic violence? Encourage that person to attend a free drop-in support group through local nonprofit SAVE (Safe Alternatives to Violent Environments) where women can talk about their experiences. The 7 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Fridays at 9:15 a.m. at 1900 Mowry Ave. in the conference room on the fourth floor.
- Things will get a little wild at the Newark Library this Wednesday. The will be visiting the library at 10:30 a.m. and children and visitors can learn more about small live animals and animal artifacts during the zoomobile’s visit.
- Seniors, dust off that ukulele and bring it on down to the Newark Senior Center on Wednesday for a taught by instructor Everick Cong. The class will begin at 1 p.m. at the senior center, 7401 Enterprise Dr.
- Businesswomen are invited to attend the monthly meeting of the American Business Women’s Association’s Pathfinder Chapter. This event allows businesswomen to network and bond with one another. The meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. at the Hilton Newark Hotel. .
- Join an amazing race this weekend. The Amazing Refuge Race hosted by the City of Newark’s recreation department will start at 12:45 p.m. Saturday and is said to be a race that combines hiking, nature and technology. Five-member teams will race against one another. Registration is required, so for more information.