Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Want your child to show off their art for a cause? Have your children (between the ages of 4 and 12) enter this year’s Recycling Poster Contest. Youth are invited to design a poster about recycling and the winner’s design will be displayed on the city’s website and be made into decals. Deadline is Friday and submissions must be turned into the Silliman Family Aquatic Center front desk. For more information, visit www.newark.org or call 510-578-4346.
- It's time to take a stand against crime! Join fellow Union City residents and local law enforcement for this Tuesday night. The citywide event aims to strengthen communities and help reduce crime. From 5 to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, residents in neighborhoods throughout Union City will join neighbors, UCPD, the Alameda County Fire Department and city officials for dinner, public safety demonstrations, games and fun.
- Have thoughts about how NewPark Mall and its surrounding areas can be improved? Share them with city staff and consultants during Wednesday’s community meeting about the , which will serve as a document that outlines how the region can be revised to make it more of a central retail hub for southern Alameda County. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. at the Silliman Center on Wednesday.
- You're invited to attend the this Thursday from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Tri-City Health Center Liberty Clinic, located at 39500 Liberty Street in Fremont. During the event, the click will honor five patients from the community, along with a special recognition for Senator Ellen Corbett for her commitment to public health care. To attend, RSVP to Cristina Torres at (510) 252-6864 or email@example.com.
- Come and support your neighbors who are raising money for cancer research and awareness this weekend. will be held Saturday and Sunday, starting at 10 a.m. on Saturday and ending at 10 a.m. on Sunday. This year’s Relay for life will be held at Newark Memorial High and is free to attend.