Five Things appears every Monday on Newark Patch. Leave tips in the comments section below.
Here are five things you need to know in and around Newark through July 29.
- A book club for adults known as Undercover will meet at the Newark Library on Tuesday to discuss the novel Buddha in the Attic by Julie Oksuka. The meeting will begin at 1 p.m. and registration is required. for more information.
- Know some seniors who would like to learn more about the game or Bridge? The Senior Center will have a for all who are interested on Wednesday at 10 a.m. The class will be taught by George Hewitt at the center located at 7401 Enterprise Dr.
- A Fremont man charged with the killing of Newark Memorial High School student Osana Futi will be arraigned at the Hayward Hall of Justice on Thursday morning. The man was in the case at his last court appearance in Fremont.
- It’s your last chance to see the story of a bond between a princess and a soldier come to life in Stage 1 Theatre’s Aida. The last two shows will air Friday and Saturday starting at 8 p.m. for more details and performance times
- Get ready to groove at the grove. The second of three that are being held at Shirley Sisk Grove will be held at 1:30 p.m. this Sunday. This week a band known as “The Fundamentals” will be playing and the city is inviting all of you. Feel free to bring all your picnic necessities, too.