Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Give back this holiday season by helping one family’s effort to help the homeless. Warm clothing, such as jackets, sweaters, and shoes, are being collected for the homeless and you can participate by dropping your donations off at Dino’s Grill this week. For more information, click here.
- Parents, does your child between grades 1 and 3 need some help building his or her reading skills? Consider signing up for Reading Buddies, a program designed to aid children in improving their reading abilities. Registration for the program begins Tuesday for 30-minute sessions that occur every Thursday from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Newark Library. For more information, contact Tracy Dodge at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 510-795-2627, extension 15.
- Check out the first Newark Memorial Girls Varsity Basketball “Hoop-Fest” that will start off Thursday. Thursday games will be held from 3:15 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. and cost is $5 to $7. Click here for more information.
- Looking for a new book to read? Consider checking out the Newark Library Book Sale. The book sale will be held Friday from noon to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Proceeds go toward the Newark Library League.
- Want a feline to join your family? Purrfect Cat Rescue, a local nonprofit, will have its adoption clinic open this Saturday and Sunday from noon to 3 p.m. at NewPark Mall’s upper level near Burlington. All cats up for adoption have been spayed/neutered and vaccinated. For more information, click here.