Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Watch teams of employees of Newark businesses compete in Newark’s 21st annual Corporate games. The deadline has passed but if your co-workers are participating, feel free to cheer them on! Games begin tonight and run until Oct. 19. For more information, call 510-578-4668.
- Are you a bookworm and proud of it? Gather with others who love reading at this Tuesday’s Cover to Cover Adult Book Club discussion at 1 p.m. in the Newark Library, 6300 Civic Terrace Dr. The book that will be discussed is “One Good Dog,” by Susan Wilson. Next month Henning Mankell’s “White Lioness will be the book of the month. For more information, click here.
- Are your children having trouble with homework or studying for a test? K-12 students are invited to attend Homework Express at Newark library held every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The service is free and is available on a drop-in basis. For more information, call 510-795-2627 or email email@example.com.
- Seniors who are looking for some relaxation are invited to receive a free hand and arm massage this Thursday. Danice Holt from Skin Only will offer the complimentary 10-minute massages at the Newark Senior Center, 7401 Enterprise Dr. Seniors who’d like to schedule their complimentary massages are asked to call 510-578-4840.
- Newark City Council will meet at its regular meeting on Thursday night. While the agenda is light, city council members will proclaim the month as Filipino-American History Month and will vote on whether to accept the Silliman Activity Center Parking Lot Fixture Replacement Project work completed by Energywise Works, Inc.