From the City of Newark
The annual Newark Days Parade will take place on Saturday, Sept. 22, 2012. Parade information along with start and staging areas for the Newark Mile Run can be located on the Newark Days website, www.newarkdays.org.
Road closures will take place to accommodate the Newark Mile Run and Newark Days Parade. It is anticipated the parade will conclude approximately at 2 p.m. Road closures may change as parade and event needs dictate.
All intersections along the parade route will be closed to through traffic except for Newark Blvd. at Thornton Ave. This intersection will experience traffic delays due to the intermittent closures for the movement of parade participants.
Road Closures are as follows:
From 6 a.m. to the end of the parade:
- Newark Blvd., Northbound from Central Ave. to Thornton Avenue
- Civic Terrace (both directions) from St. Edwards to Newark Blvd.
From 7 a.m. to the end of the parade:
- Newark Blvd., Northbound to Cedar Blvd.
- Mayhews Landing Road (both directions) from Fair Ave. to Newark Blvd.
- Cedar Blvd. (both directions) from Newark Blvd. to Edgewater Drive.
Southbound traffic along Newark Blvd. will stay open. No traffic will be allowed to cross northbound Newark Blvd. along the parade route.
THERE WILL BE NO PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC ALLOWED ON THE CENTER MEDIAN OF NEWARK BLVD.
If you have a specific question regarding the information in this release, please contact Administrative Analyst Laurie Gebhard at (510) 578-4392.