Here's the list of the gourmet food trucks rolling into town Sept. 5 as part of Newark's NewPark Street Eats. Dinner service will be held from 4:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the parking lot of . The trucks that attend are subject to change.
- El Malecon specializes in Mexican seafood. The menu can feature super ceviche tostadas, shrimp and cheese empanadas, super steak quesadillas and shrimp cocktails served in a coconut.
- American BBQ is the game of this gourmet truck. On Friday’s menu: BBQ tacos, BBQ nachos, half a rack of smoked ribs, half a deep-pit smoked chicken, deep-fried pickles and dusty ball sacks.
- Follow them @grillstars
- This sandwich truck will be serving up pastrami and turke, roast beef, tri-tip, hot link and veggie sandwiches today.
- Follow them @MayoAndMustard
- Try out tasty Indian dishes like samosas, Paneer Pakor and Kashmiri Lamb Rotan Josh with Kichuri (slow-cooked lamb stew served with basmati rice mixed with lentils and spices.)
- Follow them @MunchIndia
- Cupcakes are the stars of this gourmet truck. Flavors range from Salted Caramel and Maple Bacon to Red Velvet and Chocolate Vanilla.
- Follow them @ThatsSweetTruck
- Twisted Chill offers a self-serve soft-serve with eight rotating flavors and more than 20 toppings. Toppings include fresh organic fruit, candies, cereals and more.
- Follow them @chilltruck
- The WOW Silog Truck specializes in silogs, a traditional Filipino breakfast served with garlic rice and fried egg. Their menu includes sweet sausage (longanisa), BBQ Chicken, cured pork (tocino), Spam, corned beef and more.
- Follow them @TheWOWTruck