It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit this weekend.
- Where/When: , 6430 Thornton Ave., Newark; Friday at 7:30 pm.
- Why Go: Join your fellow wrestling fans to watch this event that will feature a 15-man battle royal and a women’s triple threat match, hosted by Big Time Wrestling. Ringside tickets are sold out. Click here for more details on how to get tickets.
- Pricing: $7-$15
- Where/When: Newark Memorial High School, 39375 Cedar Blvd., Newark; Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m. Click here for the full list of showtimes.
- Why Go: Get swept away into the 1960s and watch Tracy Turnblad’s love for dance come alive in this rendition of “Hairspray.”
- Pricing: $10-$20
- Where/When: 40086 Paseo Padre Pkwy., Fremont; Saturday from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Why Go: Congressman Pete Stark will host a town hall meeting. Stark represents the 13th Congressional District, which includes Newark, Union City, Fremont and San Lorenzo.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 37695 Niles Blvd., Fremont; Saturday at 2 p.m.
- Why Go: Explore tide pools and sea life and make your memories last with this free event led by photo instructors, Ralph Cooksey-Talbottsite and Jacline Deridder.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: NewPark Mall, 2086 NewPark Mall, Newark; Sunday from noon p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Why Go: Make red lanterns, take part in free dance classes, see a lion and celebrate the Year of the Dragon in this event that will celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year.
- Pricing: Free.