It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit this weekend.
- Where/When: Ardenwood Historic Farm Regional Park, 34600 Ardenwood Blvd., Fremont; Saturday through Monday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Why Go: Get a chance to ride 19th century steam trains, learn about railroads and enjoy live music and food at the 11th annual Washington Township Railroad Fair.
- Pricing: Admission is $8; $5 for children between 4-17
- Where/When: Lake Chabot, 17600 Lake Chabot Rd., Castro Valley; Saturday
- Why Go: Go fishing at Lake Chabot without having to pay a licensing fee. The park is open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Pricing: Parking fee is $5
- Where/When: , 703 C St., Union City; Saturday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Why Go: Admire local art, eat, enjoy an Aztec dance performance and play loteria, a Mexican game similar to bingo.
- Pricing: Free to attend. Donations to play in the loteria tournament.
- Where/When: , 2086 NewPark Mall, Newark; Saturday, noon to 5 p.m.
- Why Go: Help save lives by donating blood. All donors will receive a coupon to Mimi’s Café. Questions about eligibility to donate blood should be called into 1-866-236-3276
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: Hayward Historic Society, 22392 Foothill Blvd, Hayward; Saturday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Why Go: Celebrate the music of Russell City and have a taste of California-brewed beer at this festival. For more information, call 510-581-0223
- Pricing: Adult admission $10; $5 for seniors and students 21 and older. Free for Historical Society members.