If you are a single person without a sweetheart in the Tri-City area and is feeling more like a freight train barreling down on you rather than a day of sweets and treats, we have a solution.
Here is a list of the top 10 fun, non-romantic things to do this Tuesday night. Happy Singles Awareness Day!
Eat, drink and be merry.
- Bijou Restaurant & Bar in Hayward is offering a swanky happy hour from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. with discounted drinks and appetizers.
- Also in Hayward is the famous Dirty Bird Lounge. Celebrate early at their happy hour starting at 2 p.m. and lasting until 7 p.m. Complimentary snacks are included along with discounted drinks.
- Gerry’s Grill in Union City is no dive, but it does have $2 bottles of beer starting at 5:00 p.m.
- The Chaplin’s Sports Bistro kicks off Valentine’s Day when you need it most. Starting at 3 p.m., they are featuring $5 wine, discounted beer and appetizers to feed any lonely heart.
- It’s not Margaritaville, but it sounds just as fun at Whiskeytown Saloon in Newark. They have high definition television and games along with a wicked happy hour starting at 4 p.m.
Not into the bar scene? Soothe the soul with some singing.
- Echo KTV in Fremont opens at 6 p.m. and you can pay by the hour while you croon until your heart’s content.
If you would prefer some follow-through… try shooting pool.
- Jim’s Cocktail Lounge in Union City has down and dirty pool and darts for even the most seasoned single pool shark.
- If you are in Hayward, check out Chalk it Up, located at 22540 Foothill Blvd. It is the place to find the best billiards for the evening.
For a fun escape try the cinema.
- offers date-free amateur movie critics a traditional cinema experience with new flicks and fresh popcorn in this classic Newark mainstay.
- In search of more movie options than you can choose from? Then visit Century 25 Movies Union City for stadium seating and concessions for those running from Cupid this year.