With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to Fremont's Bed Bath and Beyond, or discount stores like Ross in Newark and Marshalls in Fremont and pick out some pretty bathroom soaps with a matching towel and soap stand for teachers, relatives and neighbors.
- Go to ABC Flowers and Gifts in Union City for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths with candles that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Go to Half Price Books in Fremont and pick out a few fun titles for the children in your family, or your kid’s friends.
- Go to Vienna Bakery in Fremont, Let's Cupcake in Newark, or Elite Bakery in Union City and order a festive cake or box of cookies that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners.
- Go to Sports Authority in Union City and pick up a gift certificate or new running shoes, golf clubs or sporting accessories for the athlete in your life.
- Go to Our Paper Place in Newark for stationary or scrapbook supplies that makes for a simple, yet personal gift.
- Go to Pure Salon Spa in Fremont and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure or spa treatment.
Tell us: What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments below.