Evergreen Oil, Inc. is searching for volunteers to sit on its Evergreen Newark Community Advisory Panel (ENCAP) – a panel that will act as liason between Newark residents and the oil refinery.
The panel will meet quarterly for approximately two hours and will be made up of residents, civic leaders and representatives from Evergreen Oil.
Evergreen, located at 6880 Smith Ave., operates a recycling facility for used oil.
ENCAP will be comprised of:
- Two residents living within 1 mile of the facility
- One at-large resident from within the City of Newark
- One member of the clergy from a church within a 2-mile radius of the facility
- One member from the Newark Unified School District
- One member to be named by the City of Newark
- The Evergreen Newark Plant Manager
- The Evergreen Newark Community Relations Manager
ENCAP’s first meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Nov. 3. If you would like to be part of the panel, contact Evergreen Community Relations Manager Denise Glover at email@example.com or (510) 795-4400.