Can't find the perfect card that truly reflects the love you feel for yours truly?
Don't fret! You can make your own.
And the process is simple.
We were lucky to have Sarah de Guzman, the owner of in Newark, share how to make handmade greeting cards.
And you can use these tips for any holiday or special event!
Here's what you'll need:
- One sheet of cardstock paper
- One sheet of patterned paper
- Border strips (These are also found on patterned paper)
- An adhesive (Can be glue or double-sided tape)
- Foam Dots
- A pack of clear stamps and an ink pad
- An acrylic block
Here are the steps (See photos above for visual aid):
- Take a plain colored cardstock paper and make sure it is measured at 8.5 inches by 5.5 inches (or cut it so that it is).
- Fold that paper in half so that the dimensions become 5.5 inches by 4.25 inches.
- Take a patterned paper and cut out a piece that measures 5.25 inches by 4 inches.
- Use the adhesive to secure the patterned paper on top of the part of the plain cardstock that will be the front of your card.
- Take leftover plain cardstock and cut out heart or other shape (like a word bubble or birthday cake etc.)
- Use a stamp to decorate your cut-out shape. (We used "Love" on one heart) or write it out (like we did to our word bubble).
- Take a foam dot (which will add a 3-D look to your card) and secure your cut-out shape to the front of the card.
- Write your message inside and TA-DA! You're done!
Happy Valentine's Day!
All these tools can be found at ,5857 Jarvis Ave, Newark. for more information about Our Paper Place. Prices of cardstock and patterned paper at the Newark shop range from $0.65 to $1, and tools range from $3 to $15.