With Newark students returning to school next week, back-to-school shopping has been a hop topic for local parents.
But how much are you willing to spend on new school supplies, backpacks, clothes, and electronics?
A recent survey found that 67 percent of parents in America with school-aged children plan to spend more than $100 per child on back-to-school shopping this year, according to Offers.com.
The survey also revealed that a majority of parents plan to do their shopping in stores, rather than online.
Here's the breakdown of the survey results:
- 21 percent will spend $1-$100
- 22 percent will spend $101-$200
- 21percent will spend $201-$300
- 8 percent will spend $301-$400
- 16 percent will spend more than $400
- 4 percent won't spend anything
- 8 percent are not sure what they are spending