Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- School started last week and the Newark Unified School Board of Education will be having its first regular meeting since students headed back to class. The meeting will be held Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the district office, 5715 Musick Ave. Click here to see the full agenda.
- Moms of young babies who are looking to get some exercise can join , a fitness program held at NewPark Mall. And the first class is FREE. The next class will be held 9 a.m. Wednesday, but if you can’t make that one, classes are held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Click here for more information.
- Teenagers and adults who want to volunteer at the Newark Library are invited to orientations this week. High school students who are willing to help others with homework throughout the fall can attend an orientation for the Homework Express Volunteer program from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday and adults who want to lend a hand at the library can attend the Newark Library Volunteer Orientation Meeting from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. Click here for more information and to find out who to contact.
- Show off your vocal talents again this week as hosts its weekly on Thursday starting at 6:30 p.m. and everyone is welcome.
- NewPark Mall’s Cultural Corner will welcome back Fremont art teacher Maria Grazia Romero and artwork done by middle and high school students of Alsion Montessori School. The art exhibit will be held between Sept. 8 and Sept. 30. For more details, .