Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- It’s that time of year when people give thanks, and with that usually means holiday closures. This week, all public schools in Newark are off until next Monday. City offices are closed Thursday through Monday, Nov. 26 and the Newark library is closed Thursday and Friday. For more on holiday closures, click here.
- It’s beginning to look a lot like the holidays at NewPark Mall – mostly if you drop by near JC Penney. Santa Claus is ready for all of his visitors from now until Dec. 24. Learn more about photo packages with Santa by clicking here.
- Before you indulge in turkey, potatoes, pumpkin pie and more, consider working off some extra calories. Xplore Yoga is hosting a Gratitude Flow class at 9 a.m. Thursday. The staff also asks that you donate canned foods as part of this canned food donation class. For more details, call 510-795-9642.
- For those who are in need of company and delicious food this Thanksgiving, head out to LOV’s 24th annual Thanksgiving Day Dinner on Thursday. Meals are served between 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Newark Pavilion, 6430 Thornton Ave. For more information, call 510-491-3799.
- Work off those holiday calories by heading out to NewPark Mall for Black Friday. The mall will open at midnight for all you shoppers who are looking for drastic discounts. While not all stores will be open at 12 a.m., Macy’s will be and Sear’s will open at 8 p.m. Thanksgiving Day.
Find more events on our calendar. Are we missing an event? Add it here.