Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Get this Halloween week started right tonight by visiting the Newark Memorial High School Drama Club Haunted House. Creepy creatures will populate the high school’s hallways starting at 5 p.m. tonight. The event will be held at the Newark Memorial Theatre. Admission is $5. For more information visit www.nmhsdrama.com.
- Newark Unified School District’s Board of Education will meet this Tuesday for a regular meeting in which a presentation about the district’s recently adopted policy that aligns Newark Memorial High School’s graduation requirements with college admission guidelines known as A-G will be shown. For the full agenda, click here (PDF).
- Election Day is nearing and for those who would like to join a roundtable discussion about Proposition 30 and 38, state Senator Ellen Corbett will be hosting a forum about the education-related ballots at 2 p.m. on Wednesday. The discussion will be held at Ohlone Community College’s Fremont campus. For more information, click here.
- Princesses, monsters, superheroes and more will crowd NewPark Mall on Wednesday night and you’re invited. The mall will host its annual Halloween Kids Fest in which children and families can enjoy family-friendly Halloween activities from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. The party will include magic shows, a costume contest and more. Click here for more details.
- Bring your toddlers out to Newark Library on Friday. Library staff invites toddlers and parents out to its weekly Stay ‘n’ Play activity time in which little ones get to practice their social interaction with various activities, such as story time. Stay ‘n’ Play is held from 10 am. To 11:30 a.m. For more information call 510-795-2627, extension 15 or email email@example.com.