Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Check out the NewPark Cultural Corner’s newest exhibit and celebrate the new art this week. An exhibit opening party for artwork by teacher Maria Grazia Romero and students from the Alsion Montessori School in Fremont will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday. for more information.
- Seniors, get ready for a good ol’ game of BINGO. Senior will be held at 1 p.m. Bingo at the Senior Center. The event also includes complementary refreshments and cash prizes. For more information, .
- Schilling Elementary School is holding its Back to School Night on Thursday and all parents and guardians of students are invited to come and meet their child’s teacher and get more information about the upcoming school year. See more details . Does your child’s school have events coming up? Add them to the Newark Patch event calendar here.
- Newark City Council comes back from a month recess this Thursday. The five-member council’s regular council meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall, 37101 Newark Blvd. Among the items on the agenda is the introduction of newly hired Public Works General Laborer Steve Novak and a vote on whether to approve compensation recommendations for newly hired City Attorney David J. Benoun. For more information or to see the full agenda, visit the city’s website at www.newark.org.
- Laugh with clowns, admire aerialists and watch daredevils’ acts at this year’s Circus Vargas. Circus Vargas showings will be held Thursday through Monday at NewPark Mall’s parking lot, with the firs tshow being held at 8 p.m. Thursday. for more information on prices and showtimes.