The fourth annual SummerFest, featuring artisan microbrews and wine, returns to NewPark Mall this summer.
Hosted by the Newark Chamber of Commerce and the City of Newark Recycles, the two-day festival will also feature live music, food served by gourmet food trucks with the Food Truck Mafia, commercial vendors, arts and crafts and a Kids Zone.
It will be held on July 14 and July 15, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., in the parking lot of the .
The music line up has been set and is listed below:
- 10 a.m.: Highway 4 (Classic Rock & Country)
- 12 p.m.: Rock n Roll Time Machine (Tribute Band)
- 2 p.m.: Blues Kitchen (Blues)
- 4 p.m.: The Diehards with Susan Harlow (Classic Rock)
- 10 a.m.: Rock n Roll Time Machine (Tribute Band)
- 12 p.m.: Spill the Wine (Funk, Soul & Rock n Roll)
- 2 p.m.: Mixed Nuts (Hits from the 40s to the present)
- 4 p.m.: Zydeco on our Minds (Zydeco)
Also, local performers will showcase their talents on Saturday. Performances by Music for Minors II, Tri-City Jazzercise Fitness Center and Aerodance are scheduled for 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m., respectively.
The food truck line up for that day will be:
- Blast Off
- Conklin Catering
- Forbitten City
- Pizza Pimps
- Rice Rockit
- Sunrise Deli
- Truckin Sweet
- Twister Truck
For more information about the event or how to sponsor the festival, visit http://www.newark-chamber.com/events/summerfest.php.
To see highlights from the 2011 SummerFest, view the video above.
Editor's note: This report was updated to include information about the food trucks that will be present at the festival.