By AUTUMN JOHNSON
Once a year, mothers get an entire day in their honor. Why not make something healthy and delicious to show mom how much she really means?
Professional Chef Michele Wieser aka Chef Shell the Dinner Belle demonstrates how to make a simple but indulgent dessert in her honor. Whip up this dish and you definitely have a shot at being mom's favorite child.
Mother's Day Fresh Fruit Crisp
Fill ramekins with mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries).
- 1 cup of quick oats
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of candied pecans (optional)
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
Serve warm or at room temperature with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional). Enjoy!
Cooking for mom for dinner as well as dessert? Check out Chef Shell's ideas for pork tenderloin made two different ways.
[Related article: Pork Tenderloin 2 Ways: Easter Dinner in a Snap]
Follow Chef Shell's 'Ask a Chef' feature and blogs on Patch. Watch her videos to get easy, healthful ideas for feeding your family.
- St. Patrick's Day Corned Beef: 1 Traditional Meal Cooked 2…
- Healthy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup from Chef Shell the Dinner Belle
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta: Guacamole; Healthy Taco Salad; Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Father's Day Food: Baby Back Ribs
- Ask a Chef: Perfect Poached Eggs; How to Find Culinary Scholarships
- Ask a Chef: What Herbs Belong in Spaghetti Sauce?
- Ask a Chef: Which Marsala Wine is Best in Chicken Marsala?
- Ask a Chef: What Are 5 the 'Must Have' Items to Keep in Fridge, Pantry?
- Chef Shell the Dinner Belle: Fast Holiday Breakfast Idea