It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit this weekend.
- Where/When: , 39375 Cedar Blvd., Newark; Saturday starting at 10 a.m.
- Why Go: Cheer on Newark Memorial athletes as they raise funds by participating in a 3-mile walk on the school’s track. A BBQ lunch will follow. Volunteers are needed and are encouraged to contact Sandra at email@example.com.
- Pricing: Free. Donations appreciated.
- Where/When: , 38417 Birch St., Newark; Saturday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Why Go: Play carnival games, get your children’s faces painted and let them burn some energy off in inflatable jumpers while you enjoy live music and carnival food.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: Newark Pavilion, 6430 Thornton Ave., Newark; Saturday from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Why Go: Dress up and dance the night away at this costume Halloween dance hosted by the committee that hosts Newark’s Holy Ghost Festa. Food will be available for purchase.
- Pricing: $6 for admission.
- Where/When: , 31600 Alvarado Blvd., Union City; Sunday starting at 2 p.m.
- Why Go: Explore a haunted house and play some games to win prizes ofr this fun-filled Halloween-themed festival. The event is open to children between ages 3 and 12.
- Pricing: $6 pre-sale. $8 at the door.
- Where/When Ardenwood Farm, 34600 Ardenwood Blvd., Fremont; Sunday at 4 p.m.
- Why Go: Board a train and take a haunting ride through the fields and woods of Ardenwood farm – a spooky safe way to celebrate Halloween for families with children under the age of 12.
- Pricing: $6 for adults. $4 for children ages 3-12.